This HowTo is about using Pattern Blocks in the classroom. All you need is a classroom set of pattern blocks and a camera. Each student or group of students is given a set of pattern blocks and a time limit. The assignment: make an artwork that illustrates the concept of symmetry, small enough to fit on a single student desk. When the art is finished, take a photograph of it and then let the students vote to choose their favorites.
Here is a short video that uses fast motion to show a pattern block artwork being created:
Leave a comment on the video's comments section to share your ideas. I always want to connect with other teachers!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades