Keep forgetting how many days are in each month? Here is a handy trick you can bust out anytime you need to remember if this is and even or and odd month. After you master using your hands, try using your feet!
Our ancestors just dragged them along the ground, but you can put your knuckles to good use with this neat trick.
You Will Need
* One or two hands
* One or two feet (optional)
Step 1: Position hands
Ball your hands into fists and hold them front of you.
Step 2: Begin on the left
Count the months on your knuckles and the grooves in between, starting with January on your leftmost knuckle, which is your left pinky.
Step 3: Count
Don't count your thumb's knuckles or any space between your hands. Each of the seven months that land on a knuckle will be months with 31 days. The five months that fall on the grooves all have 30 days.
Step 4: Remember February
Remember the one exception – February – that falls on a groove. It has 28 days, or 29 in a leap year.
This trick works just as well using your feet instead of your hands.
Step 5: Try one hand
Try this trick with one hand, too. When you get to the last knuckle, loop around and continue counting on the first knuckle.
Julius Caesar, on the advice of the Greek astronomer Sosigenes, invented the leap year in the year 46 B.C.E.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades